Traveling to India for the first time?Ã‚Â Having such questions coming into your mind – What is the best time to travel to India? What to carry with yourself? Ã‚Â What to wear? Be calm and travel on!!
Simply follow the Travel to India Tips and make your travel to India a lot easier and hassle free:
- Choose your destination wisely.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t forget to carry cash and try to keep some local currency (INR) in hand. Credit cards /Debit cards / travelers cheque are the safe mode of payment; however in many situations cash would be required.
- Always exchange money through a bank or licensed Forex agent. Make sure you get a receipt. Do not trust stranger who offer good rate of exchange to you. This is illegal and you may become a victim of fraud.
- Citizens of most countries require visa to travel to India. Citizens of a few countries can get visa on arrival.
- Advisable to cover yourself with travel insurance for thefts, loss and medical emergency.
- You should keep a photocopy of your passport, Indian visa and flight ticket separate from the originals when traveling, just in case your original documents are lost/misplaced/stolen.
- Keep important emergency numbers with you.
- Always book with a government recognized travel/tour agent.
- Always use Government licensed guides for sightseeing.
- There are many five star, deluxe and heritage hotels all over India waiting to serve the tourists.
- Hiring taxis from prepaid booths or availing of services of registered cabs is always safer.
- In India it is 220-240 volts. Plugs C & D. You will need a voltage converter, and plug adapter in order to use International appliances. We recommend getting a universal adapter and converter kit.
- Advisable to carry a kit of the basic emergency medicines you might need.
- Drink only bottled water.
- Always avoid wearing skimpy or revealing clothing.
On the whole, India is a safe country but all visitors should exercise the usual levels of vigilance. The best time to travel to India depends greatly on the destinations to be visited and the climate experienced there.