North India is the perfect destination to spend your summer holidays. The mountains, the rivers, the flowers and the landscape, all together form a heaven on the face of the earth. But since there are lot many destinations to go, it is perplexing which one to select. But, if you want to enjoy all of the above plus wish to seek blessings of one of the most popular shrines then go for 9-day Hemkund Sahib with Valley of Flowers & Badrinath Tour.
Highlights of the Hemkund Sahib with Valley of Flowers & Badrinath Tour
The tour has been curated in a way to cover some of the most beautiful Northern destinations that are known for their magnificence and holy bliss. The tour guarantees nine days of ecstasy and peace between the serenity and scenic beauty.
- The tour begins with the drive to the ‘Gateway to the magnificent Himalayas’ –Rishikesh. Also known as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’, the city offers some of the great views of landscapes and is known for some of the very famous temples like Neelkanth. You can also enjoy your time at the yoga centre. From here you can proceed to the next destination, Joshimath, which is almost 260km from Rishikesh. Following the road through the high mountains, you can reach Joshimath is known as the ‘winter abode of Lord Badrinath’.
- Your next spot, Govindghat is 22km away which will take you to another 13 kms to reach Ghangaria, which is the base camp for the holy shrine of Hemkund Sahib Ji.
- From Ghangaria base camp to walk on foot for 12kms to reach the Hemkund Sahib Ji. Hemkund Sahib Ji is situated on the banks of Hemkund Lake and is surrounded by Himalayan ranges offering a majestic and mystic sight that can cast a spell on almost anyone. The unique star-shaped architecture of the shrine is designed considering the altitude and weather of the place. It sits 4000m above the sea level and hence is the highest Gurudwara and one of the fifth dhams for Sikhs and Hindus respectively. The place is known to be a place where the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji mediated as mentioned in the Holy Guru Granth Sahib, which is hence a place of great importance for the Sikh community.
- After seeking blessings from Hemkund Sahib Ji, you can trek back to the ‘valley of flowers’ that bears countless species of flowers including lilies, daisies, saxifrages, poppy, geranium, calendula, zinnia, sedums, petunia and so forth.
- Spending some time in nature’s lap will energise you for the road journey to Badrinath via Govindghat. Badrinath holds a very high religious significance in Hindu Mythology which can be called as once in a lifetime experience.
- From Badrinath you can proceed to your last lap – Rudraprayag, enjoying the splendid Joshimath and Rishikesh once again on the way.
- While you are on the way back, you pass through Haridwar which is a city in Uttarakhand situated on the bank of the river Ganga. Spend some moments on the ‘Hari ki Pauri’ which will be the last sight in your tour.
Your tour will end after nine days, but the memories that you would have gathered will remain there with you for a time immortal!