Himalayan trekking is one of the amazing and thrilling experiences one can ever have in the lifetime. The panoramic view of Himalayan region atop the hill is just mesmerising. India is blessed with countless options of mountains to trek. In 2017, if you’re planning to hike at some of the most challenging and breathtaking mountains in North India, then we list down the top summer trek 2017 locations to choose from:
- Roopkund Trek: Graded between moderate to difficult, every year thousands of mountaineers participate in Roopkund trekking. Rookund is located in Chamoli district of Garhwal and is closer to Nainital & Kathgodam. Rookund is majorly known as the House of human skeletons. Along with human skeletons, mountaineers can also find the skeletal structure of horses and other animals. Rookund trek is a perfect location for those who love soaking in the exotic sights around. Located at the base of Himalayan peaks, Trishul and Nandghungti, Rookund Trek could be the ideal summer trek 2017 location for mountaineers.
- Gaumukh Trek: Considered as the largest glacier part in India, Gaumukh has connectivity with Tapovan- Nandanvan circuit. It gives the best opportunity to camp under the high Himalayan peak. Gaumukh trek starts from Gangotri, which is 18km away from the destination. Once reaching the base, you’ll be blessed with a stunning view of Mt. Shivling and Bhagirathi mountains. Gaumukh is itself a scenic beauty having vast space of lush green and fresh water flowing from the base.
- Beaskund Trek: After cross many mountains and streams, you’ll reach the much abode location of Himalayan region name Beas Kund. Split into numerous streams formed after melting of ice; the Beas Kund trek begins from Beas river point, where Rohtang Tunnel begins. For those who wish to do a short trek, Beas Kund Trek is the best option. The starting point can be from Dhundi or Solang Valley crossing various streams and valley. At Solang Valley, you can enjoy Para Gliding and Ski Slopes as a part of the trek. The trail goes via Dhundi and Bakarthach to reach Beas Kund glacier.
- Valley of Flowers Trek: The most beautiful and colourful summer Trek could be the Valley of Flower trek that signifies the real magic of Himalayan region. Nestled in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, trekkers love the changing layers of flowers it has. Declared as the National Park in 1982 by UNESCO. You can begin your trek from Govindghat-Badrinath Road connecting to Ghangaria. On the way, you’ll come across wide of colourful flowers including Alpine flowers which make this place renowned. Once you reach, the summit of Rataban Peak view will make you speechless.
- Markha Valley Trek: The best thing about Markha Valley trek is the accommodation on parachute tents at villages giving the feeling of laying in the lap of Himalaya. Ladakh, the most picturesque location in the Himalayan region, welcomes trekkers for Markha Valley trek. Considered as the diverse trek in Western Himalaya, the trek trails wind past willow groves on one side, and wild rose patches on the other. This trek would give you the chance of meeting the nomadic family located inside the Hemis National Park.
- Triund Trek: Known as the Crown Jewel of Dharamshala, Triund is located at Dhauladhar Mountains. The Triund Trek is the easiest trek done by all age group. Once reaching atop the mountain, you can view Dhauladhar Mountains on one side and Kangra Valley on the other. The trek is famous for 22 tiring curves which may take your time and energy at one point. However, once reaching the destination and resting inside the tent, all your tiredness vanishes after watching the majestic Himalayan view.
- Kuari Pass Trek: Uttarakhand is the heaven of valleys and mountains giving many options for trekking. One such is the Kauri Pass Trek. A short 5-day trek will take you to Nanda Devi Sanctuary and 7000 snow-capped peaks. These peaks are further extended to Tibet. Largely recommended during winter, the Kuari pass trek offers the best snow view of the Himalayan region.
- Hampta Pass Trek: If you’re visiting Himachal Pradesh, then don’t miss the Hampta Pass Trek, which is easy trekking option. Though the choice is quite easy, the place offers a spectacular panoramic view of the enormous scenic landscape and snowy glacier valley. The pass trek takes 4-5 days to complete with the last day visiting Chandrataal, a high altitude alpine lake few hours from Chatru.
- Green Lake Trek: One of the picturesque locations in Sikkim, this trek offers a spectacular view of high peaks and natural beauty. During the trek, one will come across several varieties of Rhododendrons, colourful birds and waterfalls. You can set up a base camp under Mount Kanchendzonga glacier which is also the gateway to beautiful walk for trek destination.
- Goechala Trek: Yet another sizzling trek option in Sikkim, the Goechala trek will take you to flourishing verdant valleys and beautiful orchards having a vast collection of flora and fauna. The breath-taking views of Mount Pandim are captivating. Without having any second thoughts, Goechala could be the ideal summer trek 2017.
- Sandakphu Trek: Embark yourself to the lap of nature at 11,941 ft. in Darjeeling by visiting Sandakphu trek. Known as the Heaven for Trekkers, the six-days long Sandakphu Trek is most captivating you can ever have.
- Dzongri Trek: Also known as Yuksom Dzongri trek, this is the most scenic beauty of Sikkim. Virgin and undiscovered by trekkers, the place is blessed with dramatic peaks and forest giving company to your trek. Dzongri Trek is also known as Walking Paradise; it will take you through the beautiful landscape of Sikkim.
The enchanting beauty of Himalayan regions offers trekkers a chance to explore and stay close to nature. List down your next adrenaline summer trek 2017 locations to visit and make your year an unforgettable one.