Punjab is a standout amongst the most vivacious parts of India and has a populace that genuinely has faith in carrying on with the traditions. From clothes to cars and from music to food and everything about the state is rich, loud and luxurious. There are a lot of fascinating destinations that travelers would love to see, but only if they know what are they. So here in this blog, we highlight some of the ‘must visit’ destinations that you have to cover in the 7 days Punjab Cultural Tour.
Welcome to the liveliest state – Punjab
Punjab, the land of integrated cultural history, is a treasure for a true traveler. The land of the great gurus doesn’t only take pride in its historical monuments, but reverberates with its ancient embodiments. It is not a secret anymore that whosoever comes to the state with yellow fields, offering just the perfect and picturesque landscape, has never gone back without taking Punjab in his heart.
- Begin your tour with a visit to the most pious Sikh shrine – The Golden Temple! The temple is also known as the ‘Mecca of the Sikhs’ which is a living symbol of the historical and spiritual traditions of the Sikh community. The religious air and the positive vibes within the temple give your soul the ultimate peace that you might be longing for. No tour to Punjab is complete without visiting Golden Temple.
- 30 kms away from Amritsar is the Indo-Pak Wagah Border where the ‘Flag Retreat Ceremony’ in the evening catches the visitors’ attention. Soldiers from both the nations march perfectly step by step to bring their respective national flags down. As the sun hides itself in the clouds, the nationalistic zest is at its highest point and the lights are turned on to mark the end of the day with a thunder of applause all around.
- Amritsar has some more spots to be visited like the Jallianwala Bagh, Gurudwara Tarn Taran, Sultanpur Lodhi, Gobindwal, Harike Wetland, Khadur Sahib, Durgiana Temple, Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum and Amritsar Bazar.
- Now that you have seen everything in Amritsar, you can drive to Chandigarh en-routing the Bhakhra Nangal Dam, Kesgarh Sahib, Gurudwara Sisganj, Anandpur Sahib Gurudwara and Anandgarh Sahib fort – which one of the five forts that were built Guru Gobind Singh Ji for the protection of the Sikhs.
- Now you are in the best planned city in India – Chandigarh! This is the capital city of Punjab and is known for its stunning and contemporary architecture. The places to cover in Chandigarh are Rose Garden, Sukhna Lake and Rock Garden. From here your next destination should be Patiala while en-routing Chatbir Zoo.
- Patiala is a famous city in Punjab that has famous Gurudwara Dukh Niwaran Sahib which is known to be blessed by the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Teg Bahadur. The beautiful Moti Bagh Palace is another spot for what Patiala is known for which was one of the largest residences in the world that served as the main residence for the royal family of Patiala until late 40 when the family shifted to the new Moti Bagh Palace. Other fascinating spots in Patiala include the Patiala bazaar, Qila Mubarak, Durbar Hall Museum, Sheesh Mahal and Rang Mahal.
On the way back:
The 7-day Punjab cultural tour is for those who wish to experience the great Punjabi culture for real. On the way back, you will carry an additional baggage – a baggage Full of delightful memories!
For more information email us: firstname.lastname@example.org