For those who have been longing to seek blessings from Damdama Sahib and Harmandir Sahib, here is a wonderful tour package! You only have to spot out 4 days out of your schedule, and you can cover these places along with some more Gurudwaras at Delhi, Bhatinda and Amritsar. Here in this blog, we shall discuss all that you can cover in a 4-day Damdama Sahib with Golden Temple Tour.
Darshan of the two takhts – Damdama Sahib with Golden Temple Tour
The tour is dedicated to cover the two of the five takhts in Sikhism – Damdama Sahib Ji, the fifth takht, and Harmandir Sahib Ji, the Akal Takht. This 4-days tour is created keeping in mind that most of the people long to go to such places just because of lack of time. Here is all that you can enjoy on this tour in a span of 4 days:
- Start off your journey with darshan of Shri Bangla Sahib and Sis Ganj Sahib at Delhi after which you can shop up to your heart’s content at the Chandani Chowk bazaar, one of the famous markets in Delhi that has everything for everyone.
- Drive off 350 km to reach Bhatinda enjoying the mesmerizing view of the green farms on both sides of the road. Upon reaching Bhatinda, you get to visit the fifth takht – Gurudwara Sri Damadama Sahib Ji in Talwandi Sabo. This shrine gained religious significance after the tenth Sikh Guru; Guru Gobind Singh Ji rested here after fighting a battle and also the place was visited by the ninth Sikh Guru, Guru Teg Bahadur Ji. This famous also holds historical significance as Guru Gobind Ji had compiled the sacred writings of the Adi Granth – ‘Guru Granth Sahib’ also referred to as ‘Damdama Sahib Bir’. The place is also famous as a centre for the Sikh learning.
- If you plan to visit Damdama Sahib Ji around Baisakhi then you can witness the zealous celebration of Baisakhi as this place hosts ‘Jor Mela’ every year on Baisakhi. After visiting Damadama Sahib Ji, you can also visit the local Gurudwaras in the city.
- Now you can proceed with your journey to reach Amritsar which is approx 190 km from Bhatinda. Amritsar is a city in Punjab which is mostly famous for housing the most important of the five takhts – the Akal Takht (throne of the timeless one). It is located in the premises of the Harmandir Sahib, most popularly known as the Golden Temple. Akal takht is the living symbol of historical and spiritual traditions of Sikhism.
- Golden Temple draws its name from the gold layers that cover the upper floors of the shrine. Constructed at a level lower that its surroundings the temple has four gates with a fusion of Islamic-Hindu architecture conveying acceptance, brotherhood and equality. The premise also includes many historical monuments like the Sikh museum, Ramgarhia Bunga and others to commemorate the events from the Sikh history. The complex has also known for significant achievements such as the foundation of the ‘Amrit Sarovar’ and the temple by the fifth Sikh Guru, Guru Arjan Sahib Ji in the year 1588.
- Having blessed by so many Sikh Gurus and being a living symbol of great Sikh history, Golden temple remains a place of social and religious significance and is an unparalleled Sikh pilgrimage destination.
All the spots covered in this tour are the ‘must-go once in a lifetime’ ones, and the best part is that you don’t have to wait for a whole week off because these places can be best covered in just 4 days time. So call your friends and relatives and be ready for an indelible experience!
For more information email us: firstname.lastname@example.org